LIMITED ENGINE WARRANTY
ONE YEAR UNLIMITED MILE
UCF Machine Shop warrants the engine to be free from defects in materials and workmanship when properly installed, operated under normal conditions, and properly maintained for the specified warranty period. If the engine fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship during the specified warranty period, UCF Machine Shop will:
- Repair or replace the engine as necessary.
- Supply all necessary gaskets to re-install the engine.
- Labor claim as follows: R&R time as per Mitchell On Demand at our current $40 per hour rate
- Replacement at cost of the following: oil , filter, and anti-freeze. (Cost will be determined by our local prices.)
ALLEGED DEFECTIVE ENGINE
Call us first at 717-249-8517. If we cannot fix the problem over the phone, we will authorize you to return the engine to us, along with any other parts we may feel necessary to help with troubleshooting the engine. Copy of the sales receipt will also be required. Removal of the engine without our authorization will void parts and labor warranty. Any engine returned to us, found not to be defective will be returned. No credit will be given.
Warranty is void regardless of time or mileage under the following conditions
- Improper installation.
- Faulty cooling system, faulty fuel system, or lack of lubrication, etc.
- Unit overheated – Heat tab on block melted down or missing.
- Used other than factory intention.
- Alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper maintenance
- Damage from accidents
- Defective, incorrect, or faulty engine accessories
Units held in question must be shipped Freight Prepaid to UCF MACHINE SHOP. It is understood that the return of the failed parts is essential and that no warranty consideration will be given without them. The engine must be returned to us uncleaned and without disassembly. Replacement or credit, if due, will be issued only after such conditions have been met.
The installer is responsible for ensuring the engine is assembled and installed properly and that all parts are correct for the application and have been properly cleaned prior to assembly.
No labor claims on threaded holes after the engine has been installed.
The warranty described in this paragraph shall be IN LIEU of any other warranty, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY of fitness for a particular purpose.