Refundable Core Charges
The Refundable Core Charges are refunded as soon as we determine that your heads are useable for remanufacture.
Factors which eliminate heads for core use include:
- heads that were previously machined too thin
- prior and severe cracks which are not repairable
- prior deep cracks extending below seat areas
- prior fuel in coolant injector hole cracks
- prior o-ringing (unless performed by UCF)
- heads that have been drilled and tapped for coolant return lines
Many smaller cracks in the seats are eliminated by replacing the seats and are usually fine.
We can also repair some cracks in the deck surface using Lock N Stitch® pins, but are unable to repair cracks which extend into injector holes, glow plug holes, or deep into a port.
Your core must be returned within 45 days of receiving your heads. Cores received after 45 days will NOT be eligible for refund and may be returned at buyer's expense.
Yes, this means you may not receive your full refund if your heads are not useable to us. We need heads that we can remanufacture and would need to purchase useable cores if returned heads are unuseable. If you believe your heads might not be useable, we offer the NO CORE option which reduces the price to cover us purchasing good cores and eliminates you prepaying for return shipping of your cores. You can also call or message us about your core concerns.
We DO NOT accept Chinese castings for cores.